My name is Natalie Sheary and I am from West Hartford, Connecticut. I began playing golf at age 12 when my dad surprised me with a lesson at Rockledge Golf Club for my birthday. I have loved the game ever since and have dedicated myself to becoming the best player I can be.
During the summer I would practice daily at near by golf courses and play regularly in CT Jr. PGA events. In the winter I would hit golf balls indoors into a net six days a week at Golfer’s Warehouse or inside my garage. At age 14 I began traveling the country competing in AJGA tournaments.
In the fall of my junior year of high school, I received a full scholarship to play golf for Wake Forest University, in Winston Salem, North Carolina. To prepare for golf at the collegiate level I attended the IMG David Leadbetter Golf Academy in Bradenton, Florida for my senior year of high school with the help of financial aid. This was the first time I had ever been able to practice outside year round and I loved it!
Check out my Wake Forest and Awards Page for more information about my College Career!
I turned professional during the summer of 2011, immediately following the NCAA Championships. I had already secured my LPGA Symetra Tour card after claiming medalist honors at Q-School the fall of my senior year at Wake Forest. I played exclusively on the Symetra Tour (our version of the web.com tour) for two and a half years. In 2014 I was a rookie on the LPGA Tour after earning conditional status at Qualifying school the winter of 2013. I retained conditional status on the LPGA for 2015, but had a very limited schedule due to a wrist injury after a freak accident during a tournament.
In 2016 I played a full season on the Symetra Tour and recorded my best season to date, including my first Tour win. I finished 18th on the season ending money list (top 10 gets full exemption to LPGA). In 2017, I will play a full season on the Symetra Tour.
1. Something your talented at? Cleaning and Organizing
2. Places you have lived?
* Connecticut - Where I was born and raised (Hartford, New Britain, West Hartford)
* North Carolina Where I went to college - (Winston-Salem)
* Florida - Where I train during the Off-Season (Bradenton, Vero Beach, Jupiter, Orlando)
3. What is your biggest strength/weakness
Strength - Problem Solving
Weakness - Im too sensitive (believe it or not!!! hahaha)
4. Food likes/dislikes?
* Favorite: Vegetables, Sushi, Thai...
* Dislikes: any cooked fish, fried foods, Chicken
* *Allergies: Milk and egg-whites
5. Place I would love to visit in the next year? Alaska
6. Do you have any tattoos? No
7. How would you describe yourself in one word? Sarcastic
8. What do you value in your life the most? Family and helping others
9. If you won the lottery...? Pay off my Nissan Pathfinder and invest
10. What is your favorite place to visit? NYC
11. 3 pet peeves? Chewing with mouth open, people running late, people who do things slowly...
12. What is the first thing you notice about people? smile
13. Scary movie or happy endings? No scary movies for me!
14. 5 senses? im a smell type of person; Angel, JLo Still and Burberry Brit perfumes, Tide Active Fresh Sport detergent..... very specific I know!!
15. What is your favorite shop?? Sally's Beauty Supply and TJ Maxx - LOL
16. Favorite things to watch on TV? Sports particularly football and basketball. No golf for me unless a close friend is in contention. I also like netflix and hulu. HGTV and travel channel are great too!
17. What is your coffee order? (Starbucks - Matcha Green Tea Latte with almond milk. Dunkin Donuts ground coffee too.
18. One thing most people don't know about me? I love couponing. I hardly ever pay full price for things. Put me up against any extreme couponer and I could definitely hold my own. Price matching, double couponing. Piling coupon with a sale... Yup - I do it all!
My Road to the LPGA Video: (Narration: Natalie Sheary)